Evolven was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in Jersey City, NJ, USA with offices across US, Europe and in Middle East. We at Evolven, develop a unique technology focusing on a chronic IT challenge – the conflict between a need to make changes more rapidly and the risk to stability introduced by these changes. Evolven Change Analytics helps DevOps, production support and operations teams to identify changes and differences that caused an incident, or predict which ones will impact future issues. The details of actual changes and differences are detected by deep data collection within and across IT environments, from application to infrastructure layers, at the most granular level. By applying machine learning analytics, Evolven calculates the probability that an incident can be caused by any change or difference (the “Services”).
This allows production support, operations and DevOps teams to:
- Accelerate incident and problem investigation reducing MTTR.
- Avoid incidents zooming in on risky changes before they cause an issue.
- Ensure consistency of setup and configuration within and across environments (pre-production, production and DR).
- Detect unauthorized changes.
- Enable "Zero Touch" environments and more.
This Privacy Statement covers our privacy practices with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of information obtained through the Evolven websites that link to this Privacy Statement ("Website"), configuration data collected by Evolven agents on the customer’s premises (“Configuration Data”) and data collected in connection with the purchase and use of our Services, which include our hosted software applications, related support services and expert services, professional services, training, and certification.
Collection and Use of Information:
Information from which you can be personally identified may also be collected, including but not limited to your name, email address, telephone number, company, job title and the location of the computer through which you used the Website (hereinafter: “Personal Information”).
We use the Personal Information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing. We may use or process your Personal Information for the following purposes, while one or more purposes may apply simultaneously:
1. Providing the Requested Services
We collect the following information as you voluntarily provided it to us when:
- Filling out forms on our Website (including without limitation, name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number).
- Registering to watch a demo or read and watch educational materials describing our cloud service.
- Completing our surveys.
- Entering a contest or promotion we sponsor.
- Reporting a problem with our Website.
- Contacting us.
Submitting your information in the course of your job application process.
Such collection of information enables us to provide technical and professional assistance, with regard to the Services you contracted to receive.
We collect the following information via our customers, who request to be provided with our Services:
Evolven uses agent-based and agentless technologies to collect and analyze granular configuration information from the customer’s computer systems and networks within a scope defined by the customer. We will collect other information submitted to us related to customer’s or partner’s use of our Services including without limitation, billing information. The collected data is stored, processed and displayed for the partner or customer’s use only according to the access rights defined by them. The information collected in the normal course of delivering Services will include without limitation:
- Information and correspondence our customers and users submit to us in connection with Services or other requests related to our Service.
- Information we receive from our business partners in connection with use of the Services or in connection with services provided by our business partners, including configuration of the Evolven Change Analytics Service.
- Server logs in support of the Evolven Change Analytics Service.
We collect such Personal Information to provide and support the Services in which our customers and partners contracted to receive, which includes updating and maintaining the subscription service and providing support and expert services.
- We will also collect your Personal Information if you wish to apply for a job at Evolven. Such collection of Personal Information shall be conducted for the evaluation of you qualifications.
We process the above Personal Information where it is necessary for the negotiation or adequate performance of our employment contract with you.
2. Improvement and Development of the Services
When a user navigates through the Website, we may automatically collect details about Website visits, including IP address, usage patterns, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources accessed by the user, as well as information about the user’s computer and internet connection, including operating system and browser type. We also collect some of this information using cookies and similar tracking technologies (as further elaborated below). We may also collect Personal Information when we register our customers or partners for events they request to sign up for and only subject to their consent.
- We collect such Personal Information to improve and develop our Services and understand feedback on Evolven's Services and Website and to help provide more information on the use of the Website and Services quickly and easily.
- We collect such Personal Information for ongoing review and improvement of the information provided on our Website to ensure it is user friendly.
- We collect the Personal Information of our customers or partners when they register for events to populate profiles in our records.
- We collect Personal Information to improve the management and administration of our business and maintain compliancy with our internal policies and procedures.
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve our Services, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
- We collect information posted by our users via our Website, while participating in chat rooms, blogs, comment threads, forums, or other interactive features of our Website to understand feedback on our Services. With respect to such information, and any Personal Information posted or disclosed in public forums, note that such information will become public information, and may be available to users and the general public. We urge our customers and partners to be very careful when deciding to disclose their personal information, or any other information in our public forums.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the Services, to allow our users to have the best experience.
3. Maintain a Safe and Secure Environment
We may use your information to detect and prevent fraud, abuse and security incidents in the following ways;
- Verify and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorized or illegal activity;
- Enhance the safety and security of our Website and Services;
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments;
- Prevent or take action against activities that are, or may be, in breach of our terms of service or applicable law.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving our Services and enabling our users to browse in a secure environment.
4. Personalize Content, Advertising and Marketing
If you have used Evolven’s Services in the past, we have a legitimate business interest for matching the data we collect with other data we had already collected.
- This enables us to understand your needs and interests, optimize the content we send you and make it more suitable and relevant to your needs.
- This also enables us to improve your experience on the Website by providing you with personalized content, recommendations, and features.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest to personalize your experience and customize our content.
Disclosure of Information and Transfer of Data
In order to perform our contractual and other legal responsibilities or purposes, we may, from time to time, need to share your Personal Information with third parties. We may as well share your Personal Information with our affiliates, subsidiaries or any third party service providers and individuals to facilitate our Services or any portion thereof, such as marketing, data management or maintenance services. We may also share your information with analytics service providers for analytics services. Such analytics service providers set their own cookies or other identifiers on your computer, through which they can collect information about your usage of our Website and Services. This helps us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our Website and Services.
We may also transfer your information, including Personal Information, in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate changes. Furthermore, information about you may also be released in order to comply with any valid legal obligation or inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We will also release specific information in special cases, such as if you use the Website or the Services to perform an unlawful act or omission or take any act or omission that may damage Evolven, its property and goodwill, or if there is an attempted breach of the security of the Website or Services or a physical or property threat to you or others. You have the right to file a complaint to it or any other relevant Privacy Protection supervisory authority.
In some jurisdictions, in particular those located within the European Union (the "EU") or within the European Economic Area (the "EEA"), you may be afforded specific rights regarding your Personal Information. Subject to such eligibility, you may have the following rights to:
- Request a rectification of your Personal Information where the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information where our legal basis for that processing is that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- Object to an automated decision-making (including profiling) in certain circumstances.
- Request the erasure of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where processing is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected for, and there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process or store it;
- Receive your Personal Information, or ask us to transfer it to another organization that you have provided to us, which we process by automated means, where our processing is either based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
Generally, with regard to information collected on our Website, Evolven is a "Data Controller". Therefore, if you wish to exercise the above mentioned rights, please contact us, and we will make our best efforts to fulfill your request.
With respect to providing our Services, Evolven is considered a “Data Processor” and if you wish to exercise the above mentioned rights, you may contact the customer who we process information on its behalf, and we will make our best efforts to cooperate to facilitate your request.
We may use “cookies” and/or other technologies or files (collectively, “cookies”) to identify how visitors make use of our Website and Services. This aggregated tracking information may be used to help us improve and enhance the Website and Services’ experience for all of our users. In addition, cookies are used for adjusting the Website to your personal preferences. Cookies contain information such as the pages you visited, the length of time you stayed on the Website, the location from which you accessed the Website and more. If you would prefer not to have cookies stored on your computer, you may modify your browser settings to reject most cookies, or manually remove cookies that have been placed on your computer. However, by rejecting the cookies, you may be unable to fully access the offerings on this Website. To find out more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Do Not Track
While Evolven attempts to honor do not track (“DNT”) instructions we receive from a Website’s visitor’s browser, we cannot guarantee that Evolven will always respond to such signals, in part, because of the lack of common industry standard for DNT technology. We continue to monitor developments in DNT technology and stay apprised of DNT industry standards as they evolve.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- You can request to change your Personal Information by emailing us.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a Federal US law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the commercial message sent to you as an advertisement when required.
- Include the physical address of our business’ headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Opt In or Opt Out
Links to Other Websites
We maintain an information security program designed to protect customer data from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. We have a team responsible for monitoring and responding to security incidents. Evolven notifies customers and partners of security breaches in accordance with the parameters defined with them in the Customer Agreement or in the implementation phase. We endeavor to restrict access to Personal Information on a ‘need to know’ basis for the provision of Services to you. No such measures are perfect or impenetrable. In the event of a security breach, we will take all reasonable action to minimize any harm. Although we will do our best to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site or to group companies, and transmission is at the users own risk.
Generally, Evolven does not retain information longer than necessary to provide its Services and for its reasonable business and lawful needs. We retain collected Configuration Data and other customer data collected through Services according to the timeframes set forth in the Customer Agreement or in the implementation phase. We retain general information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide a requested service or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements).
The Service is not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not, knowingly or intentionally, collect information about children who are under 16 years of age.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICE, UNLESS PARENTAL CONSENT IS PROVIDED ACCORDINGLY.
Evolven Software, Inc.
2500 Plaza 5
Harborside Financial Center
Jersey City, NJ 07311, USA
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This page was updated on September 19, 2019